Prophylaxis represents the prevention of dental conditions and of their complications.
Early detection is the key to avoiding complicated and expensive treatments. The main dental conditions, cavities and periodontitis, have very few symptoms in their early stages. The patient cannot notice on his own and in due time the appearance of dental conditions or their seriousness. That is why it is so important to make regular visits to the dentist in order to take action during the very first stages of the various existing dental conditions and to prevent the appearance of others.
Our clinic covers the following oral prophylaxis services:
– guidance on oral hygiene (brushing techniques, the use of dental floss, the use of inter-dental brushes)
– detection of bacterial plaque through the use of plaque disclosing tablets
– tray- based local fluoridation
– sealing of pits and fissures on the areas used for mastication
– ultrasound scaling, prophy jet, professional brushing